Very important Group c ukssc uttarakhand general knowledge facts related uttarakhand exam tyaari for government exam govt. exam
It is a city and a municipal corporation in the district Rudraprayag of State Uttarakhand. Rudraprayag is the confluence of River Alaknanda and River Mandakini. After this confluence only Alaknanda meets River Bhagirathi at Devprayag and from their it is named as River Ganga. The famous religious place Kedarnath Temple is situated here only. The name Rudraprayag is named after Lord Shiva.
- Old Name – Punar and Rudraavat
- Establishment – 18 September 1977 (established from some parts of Jakholi and Kirtinagar Blocks of Tehri; Ukhimath, Agastyamuni, Pokhri,and Karnaprayag of Chamoli ; and Khirsu of Pauri)
- Population – 2,42,285
- Area – 1984 sq km
- Population Density – 122 person/ sq km
- Literacy Rate – 81.30 %
- Tehsil – 3 (Ukhimath, Jakholi, Rudraprayag)
- Vikaskhand (Development Block) – 3 (Ukhimath, Agastyamuni, Jakholi)
- Famous Temples – Kedarnath, Tunganath, Madmaheshwar, Koteshwar Mahadev, Hariyali Devi, Kartikswami , Kalimath, Teijuginarayan, Chandrashila, Omkareshwar, Indrashanimansha Devi, Baanasur Garh Mandir, Guptkashi, Agasteshwar Mahadev, Gaurikund, Sonprayag, Umanarayana Mandir, Naaridevi Mandir.
- Famous Fairs – Vishuvat Sakranti
- Famous Tourist Places– Devriyataal, Chopta, Kedarnath, Kalimath, Ukhimath, Trijuginarayana, Madmaheshwar, Tungnath, Jakholi, Guptkashi, Chandrashila, Kartikswami, Sonprayag.
- Glaciers – Chaurabaari (Gandhisarovar) Glacier, Kedarnath Glacier
- Taal – Devriyataal, Badaanital, VaasukiTaal, Sukhditaal / Chaurabaari / Gandhisarovar
- Mountains- Chandragiri , Kedarnath
- National Park – Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary
- Rivers – Mandakini and Alaknanda
- According to Census of Uttarakhand 2011, Rudraprayag is the least populated District.
- This Districts Male Literacy Rate (93.90) is highest among the all districts.
- “The Man Eating Leopard Of Rudraprayag” a book by Jim Corbett.
- Tunganath Temple is the highest elevated Temple of Uttarakhand.
- Kalimath is known as the Birth place of Kalidas.
- 16 June, 2013, the devastating flood in river Mandakini (a natural calamity).