Very important Group c ukssc uttarakhand general knowledge facts related uttarakhand exam tyaari for government exam govt. exam
Dehradun is capital of state of Uttarakhand. It is famous for its natural environment full of falls and mountains and is famous for many famous educational institutes too like ONGC, Survey of India, Forest Research Institute etc. Dehradun have been attracting people because of its beautiful serenity. Specific Basmati Rice, Tea and Lichi gardens enhance the beauty of the place. Dehradun is a part of the Garhwal Region of Uttarakhand, therefore its culture is very much similar to the other regional places of uttarakhand. Garhwali is the primary language, moreover Hindi and English are also spoken here.
- Old Name – Drona-Nagari
- Establishment – 1817AD (as Meerut Mandal)
- Population – 16,96,694
- Area Covered – 3088 sq km
- Population Density – 549 / sq km
- Sex Ratio – 902 women / 1000 men
- Literacy – 84.25%
- Tehsil – 7 (Raipur, Vikasnagar, Dehraadun, Rishikesh, Tyuni, Doiwala, Kalsi)
- Vikaskhand (Development Block) – 6 (Raipur, Chakrata, Doiwala, Kalsi, Vikasnagar, sehaspur)
- Famous Temples – Santala Devi, Tapkeshwar, Budhha Temple, Mehasu Devata, Daatkaali, Lakshman Sidhha.
- Famous Fairs – Jaunsar- Bhabar Mela, Kwaanu, Dushehra Lakhwaad, Mehasu Devta, Bissu Mela, Jhanda mela, Tapkeshwar Mela, different – different Trade Fairs ( at Parade Ground), Sharadotsava (at Mussoorie)
- Passes- Timlipass (Uttarakhand to UP)
- Lakes – Chandrabaari and Kaansarotaal
- National Parks – Rajaji National Park , Aasan Bird Sanctuary
- Rivers – Tons River (Tamsa Nadi), Ganga River (Rishikesh), Yamuna River, Song River
- Famous Institutes – Lal Bahadur Shashtri Administrative Academy (LBSNAA, Mussoorie), IMA, FRI, ONGC, AIIMS (Rishikesh), IDPL, Survey of India, Petroleaum Institute of India, Waadiya Institute Of Geology.
DISTRICT SPECIAL :
- IMA was established in 10 December, 1932 by Field Marshal Sir Phillip Chat Wood.
- Dehradun is Surrounded by three states, namely, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Himanchal Pradesh.
- In ONGC headquarter Dehradun, India’s First OIL MUSEUM was inaugurated on 14 August, 2005
- The First ever Mayor’s Conference of Asia was also held in Dehradun on 26 -28 November 2006.